• Sensory processing sensitivity in dogs: prevalence, dog-human communication, correlation with physical and psychological problems. More info
I graduated in veterinary medicine (University of Bern) in 2000. After receiving my doctoral degree in 2003, I worked in my own practice for veterinary behaviour medicine in Basel. In 2005, I had the opportunity to work with Prof. Daniel Mills at the University of Lincoln, UK, doing a research project funded by the SNF looking into the communication between dogs and their owners, doing some teaching and seeing behaviour cases at the behaviour clinic. Parallel to this, I did continuing educations in veterinary herbal medicine in the UK (certificate 2012), as a dog trainer (Footstep, Switzerland, 2005) and Canine Bowen Technique (certificate 2007). Back in Switzerland since 2008, I have been establishing my practice for veterinary behaviour and herbal medicine and Canine Bowen Technique in Basel, and offering behavior consultations at the Tierspital Zürich and the Clinique du Vieux Château in Delémont. Since February of 2013, I have been working at the University of Bern on a research project looking into dog personality. My main areas of interest are personality / individuality and its effects on the perception of and reaction to environmental stimuli and learning, associations with physical and behavioral problems and the use of complementary medicine methods.
5. Braem M, Asher L, Furrer S, Lechner I, Würbel H, Melotti L (2017) Development of the “Highly Sensitive Dog” questionnaire to evaluate the personality dimension “Sensory Processing Sensitivity” in dogs. PLoS ONE 12(5): e0177616. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0177616
4. Mills DS, Braem Dube, MD, Zulch H (2012) Stress and Pheromonatherapy in Clinical Animal Behaviour, Wiley-Blackwell, 1st edition.
3. Bräm M, Mills D (2010) Factors affecting response of dogs to obedience instruction: A field and experimental study, Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 125, 47 – 55. Abstract
2. Bräm M, Doherr M, Mills D, Lehmann D, Steiger A (2008) Evaluating aggressive behavior in dogs: a comparison of 3 tests, Journal of Veterinary Behavior Medicine, 3, 152 – 160. Abstract
1. Bräm M (2007) Book review: Handbook of Applied Dog Behavior and Training: Procedures and Protocols Vol. 3 S.R. Lindsay. Blackwell Publishing (2005). 795 pp., Hardback ISBN 0-8138-0754-9, Applied Animal Behaviour Science.